Saw Palmetto (S. repens or serrulata)
Proven Prostate Protection and More
Saw Palmetto inhibits DHT (dihydrotestosterone), the hormone that causes
the male prostate gland to enlarge. (1-4) Saw Palmetto has been shown to work as effectively as the drug Proscar® for prostate enlargement. (3-4)
Saw Palmetto also has other effects that are well-proven but little known. It is tonic to the neck of the bladder and acts as a reproductive tonic in both males and females. Because of these effects, Saw Palmetto is useful for:
- benign prostatic hypertrophy
- low libido (male and female)
- painful menstrual periods
- thinning hair (when due to excess DHT)
- urinary incontinence (male and female)
- polycystic ovaries.
Saw Palmetto 160 mg
Each (one) Capsule contains:
Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) extract 160 mg
(standardized to contain 85%-95% [136-152mg] of fatty acids and sterols)
Suggested dose 1 Capsule 2 times per day. The dose should be taken continuously for 6-8 weeks before evaluation of improvement.
Product # 131 Saw Palmetto 160mg (120 capsules) $32.95
Enter Quantity Desired and Click "Add To Cart" Button
- Di Silverio F, Monti S, Sciarra A, et al. Effects of long-term treatment with Serenoa repens (Permixon®) on the concentrations and regional distribution of androgens and epidermal growth factor in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate 1998;37:77–83.
- Strauch G, Perles P, Vergult G, et al. Comparison of finasteride (Proscar®) and Serenoa repens (Permixon®) in the inhibition of 5-alpha reductase in healthy male volunteers. Eur Urol 1994;26:247–52.
- Wilt TJ, Ishani A, Stark G, et al. Saw palmetto extracts for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. JAMA 1998;280:160–9.
- Carraro JC, Raynaud JP, Koch G, et al. Comparison of phytotherapy (Permixon®) with finasteride in the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia: A randomized international study of 1,098 patients. Prostate 1996;29:231–40.